If someone harasses you on Instagram by making rude comments on your posts or tagging you in indecent posts, then instead of deleting your account, you can also block such people. Here’s how?
There is no doubt that Instagram has become the most trending social network platform where you can share your posts with your followers as well as live conversations with them. Like Facebook, here you don’t need to send a friend request to make friends, but, you have to follow them to see their posts on your feed.
But even if you do not want to, many times such elements are also associated with you, whose uploaded content and comments start bothering you and you do not want to see their posts on your feed. To get rid of such unpleasant situations, you can block that user on Instagram. Here we will explain how you can block rude people on Instagram in a few easy steps. But first know, What happens when you block someone on Instagram.
What Happens When you Block someone On Instagram
When you block someone on Instagram, the blocked user is not notified by Instagram. Once you block someone they can’t find your account, posts, and stories on Instagram. This is the only way blocked users will know that you have blocked them.
In addition, blocked users cannot mention your username or tag you in any posts. All likes and comments made by the blocked user on the post will be deleted. If you are in a group containing that block user, you will be prompted with a dialog asking whether you want to remain in this group or leave it.
How to Block Such People on Instagram Who Bothering you
Step 1. Open Instagram app and tap your Profile Pic.
Step 2. Tap on Followers and find the followers you want to block and tap on that follower’s name, now tap on the three dots appearing in the top right corner of the screen.
Step 3. Now tap on the block.
Step 4. Now you can easily block that follower by just tapping on Block.
It is easy to block someone who follows you but how to block a user who has already blocked you. Let’s know how it’s possible.
How to Block Someone Who Already Blocked you on Instagram
As we mentioned above, when you block someone, they can’t find your profile, posts, or stories on Instagram similarly if someone has blocked you then you also can’t find them on Instagram. So, is it possible to block people who have already blocked you on Instagram? While you can’t find their profile. Yes, it possible, follow the below steps to know.
# 1. Block someone on Instagram who blocked you – through the comment
- If that user has commented or DM you on any of your posts, then you can block that user through that comment or DM.
- Find the comment or message the blocker made, then tap the blocker’s profile.
- Now tap on three dots that appear top right corner of the screen.
- Now tap on Block.
If you don’t get a blocker comments or DM then go to the next method.
# 2. Block someone who blocked you – via Fake account
- First of all create a fake account on Instagram and follow the user who wants to block and also your real account.
- Now upload a photo or video and tag that user.
- Now switch to your original account and go to Pictures and search for the photo or video uploaded from your fake account.
- From here you can land the profile of that user who blocked you.
- Tap on that user icon then tap on three dots that appears on top right corner.
- Now tap on the Block.
If you’ve ever changed your mind and want to unblock people you’ve blocked on Instagram or you’ve accidentally blocked your friend or loved one and you don’t know how to unblock them. Follow the steps given below to unblock someone on Instagram.
How to Unblock someone on Instagram if you can’t Find Them
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your profile icon.
- Now tap on the three lines that appear on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Settings>Privacy>Blocked Accounts.
- Here you can see all the accounts that you have blocked.
- Tap the Unblock button next to block user.
If you can’t block your followers because they’ll know you’ve blocked them, you can restrict, mute them on Instagram. So let’s know what is Instagram Restrict feature and how can you restrict anyone who posts abusive comments on your posts and stories. First know, what happens when you restrict a follower on Instagram.
What happens when you Restrict a Follower on Instagram
Some Instagram users are still confused between block, restrict and remove. They don’t know what will happen if they block or restrict someone on Instagram. Are they still in your follower list and able to send messages. We will clear all your doubts about the block and restrict.
When you restrict someone on Facebook, that user remains on your friend list but can’t see your posts and stories, similar when you restrict someone on Instagram, they will never know that you have restricted them. Whenever a restricted user comments on one of your posts, that comment will not appear in your comment box until you approve that comment. If that user’s comment is correct and you want this comment to be visible to your other followers as well, then you can approve that comment, if the comment is not correct then you can leave it as it is.
If the restricted follower sends you a direct message. This message does not come directly to you, but it goes to the “Message Request” section and that follower cannot know whether he has read that message or not. If you want, you can open the requested message manually. Apart from this, the blocked follower will also not be able to see your active status.
How to Restrict someone on Instagram
- Open Instagram app, Tap on search bar and type that user name you want Restrict.
- Tap on three dots that appear right top corner.
- Now tap on the Restrict.
If your Instagram account is public, the presence of one of your followers might be bothering you and you don’t want to see longer that follower’s activity on your Instagram feed then you can remove that follower from your follower list immediately. Follow the steps given below to remove followers on Instagram.
How to Remove a Followe on Instagram
- Open the Instagram app on your device then tap on your profile pic.
- Tap on Followers and find that follower you want to remove.
- Tap on Remove button.
What Happens When you Remove a Follower on Instagram
Like block or restrict, when you remove a follower, the removed follower is not notified. After removal, he gets removed from your follower list. If your account is public then he can see your post and stories and can also like and comment. But if your account is private then that user cannot see your active status or any activity on Instagram, even if you have not turned off your own active status.
- How to Download Video from Instagram Story
- Hide Profile Picture on Facebook from Public or Specific Users
- How to Make Yourself Invisible Despite being Online on Facebook
- How to Unblock Yourself on WhatsApp