Discord is a fun tool for chatting with friends, but sometimes, you need to mute users and turn off their audio. Here’s how to how to mute people on Discord on your mobile or desktop PC.
As you know, Discord is a popular social media tool for connecting with others. You can communicate with your friends, discuss topics in voice channels, and even Livestream your favorite games using Discord. During voice chat, people can do a variety of things, such as eat noisily or make annoying noises. It becomes irritating for you and everyone else in the voice channel at this point. Muting them is the greatest approach to deal with such a problem. But first, you should know how the mute function works.
What Happens If you Mute someone on Discord
You will be unable to hear what the other person is saying to you if you mute someone. Users in Discord can mute a person’s audio in the voice channel. So, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to silence someone on Discord.
How to Mute People on Discord via PC
- Go to your desktop and open the Discord application. Then, right-click on the person you wish to mute profile in the voice channel where they are present.
- In this menu, search for the Mute button and click on it.
- Their audio should now be turned off immediately.
How to Mute someone on Discord via Mobile
- On your mobile device, open the Discord app and hit the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- You will now be able to see all of the servers to which you belong. To open the server, select the icon on the left border of the screen.
- Next, choose the voice channel where the person you wish to silence is currently speaking.
- Select the person you wish to Mute and turn the mute switch to on. You will no longer be able to hear the muffled member’s audio after this.
If you want to communicate with that mute person again, you can unmute that person again by repeating the steps above.
How to Mute Messages on Discord
Muting someone’s audio merely means that you won’t be able to hear their voice, but they’ll still be able to give you messages. You can mute someone’s Discord messages by following these steps:
- Open Discord and click the Discord logo in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Right-click the name of the person you wish to mute and select Mute. Then, from the menu, choose the Mute option.
- Finally, choose how long you want them to stay muted. Choose from a variety of time frames from 15 minutes to 24 hours. You can also set their communications to be permanently muted.
How to Mute everyone on Discord Server
You can silence everyone in a Discord server if you are the server owner or have administrative permissions. To do so, right-click on your server bubble on the left side of the screen and select ‘Mute server’ from the menu. Now choose how long you want everyone to be muted for. Finally, everyone in a Discord channel has been muted.
Most of the people you connect with on Discord are unfamiliar, which can at times cause trouble to users. In this case mere mute is not enough, then you will need to take drastic action to claim your right. You can do this by banning or kicking them on your server, which allows them to reconnect later, or ban them from your server forever. So let’s know how to ban or kick people who harass you. First of all, know how your and that user’s communication are affected by banning someone.
What Happens When you Ban someone on Discord
When you block someone on Discord, they will no longer be able to send you private messages, and their messages will be hidden on the servers you share. If the person you blocked was previously on your Friends list, they will be immediately removed.
How to Ban someone on Discord via PC
- Go to the Required server on Discord.
- Right-click on the member you want to ban on the screen’s right sidebar.
- Click on BAN
- In the Pop-Up dialog box Select the desired option under Delete Message History and mention (optionally) why you want to ban that user.
- By selecting Ban, they will be removed from your server.
How to Ban someone on Discord via Mobile
- Use the left sidebar to find the required server.
- Tap the icon in the top-right corner of the channel screen.
- Select the member you want to ban by tapping on his or her name.
- Tap on Ban > select the desired Delete Message History option and, if necessary, provide a reason for the ban.
- To ban that member from the server, tap Confirm.
Once you unban members they will be able to use the server once again.
How to Unban someone on Discord via PC
- Go to the server where you want to remove someone’s ban.
- Click the down arrow next to the server name in the left sidebar.
- Select Server Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom left of the page menu and click on Bans.
- Select the member you’d like to unban.
- Click Revoke Ban in the pop-up dialogue box.
How to Unban someone on Discord via Mobile
- Use the left sidebar to find the required server.
- In the left sidebar, next to the server name, tap the three-dot icon then tap Settings.
- Go to the bottom of the page and press on Bans.
- To unban a player from the server, tap on that person’s name.
- In the pop-up dialogue box, select Unban.
That’s it, the member can now access your server once more.
How to Kick someone on Discord
Only the server’s administrators or owners have the authority to remove someone from the server. Simply follow the instructions below, but select ‘Kick’ instead of ‘Ban’ to kick someone off your server. However, if you kick someone from your Discord server, they will be allowed to return with a fresh invite. But if you ban them, they will be unable to do so. Follow the steps below to kick someone.
Step 1. Tap the channel name at the top of the left side of the panel, then tap Server Settings.
Step 2. Press the Member option on the left which is listed in the User Management category.
Step 3. Here you will see a complete list of all the members. Now hover over a user in the list you want to kick or ban from the server, then press the three-dot menu icon to the right username.
Step 4. Now press the kick button to kick that user.
Step 5. You can specify the reason for kicking them in the box provided, if not, leave it blank. Then press the kick button to kick them out of your server.
This process will successfully remove them from your server. They will no longer be able to view or reply to message. Kicked users will require a new server invitation to rejoin.
- 6 Best Free War Games for Android and iOS| 2020
- Best iOS Emulators for Windows and Mac PC
- Best Android Emulators Free Download for PC